- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
Build an internal working procedures with technical documentation, manuals and IT
- Enforce the Company’s IT policy both technically and by training end users
Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware,
server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
Carry out daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are
successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created,
and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
A first degree in BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related
- A minimum of two years relevant working experience.
Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Excellent communication skills.
Competencies required for this role
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal communication and relational skills.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Sound judgment; initiative; flexibility; detail-oriented.
- A person of high integrity who listens to and values the opinions of others
Customers of this Position
- Functional Heads
- All staff
Interested candidates are requested to send their application letter and a copy of their
email@example.com by 28th August 2017.